Some days you want it and you want it fast, right? Yep, I understand, and
I won't get offended if you can't read every single word of every story I
write... heck, these are busy times! For that reason, I've come up with
The 5 minute city.
While I don't expect you to visit ANY city
in five minutes, no matter how small, I can certainly tell you about
it in the five minutes it will take you to read my thumbnail sketch.
What will you find here? Well, the quick 'n dirty on where to stay,
where to eat and what to do. Special treats of a town or trail?
That, too. Some days you just don't need to know everything -- a few
pearls of wisdom will do. And if you do find yourself with a bit of time on your hands, savor
the stories and photos on the site
or try your hand at one of the quizzes.
The 5 minute city is designed to give you essential destination information
in the time it takes you to sip that morning cup a joe. It will take you
a lot longer to climb up Yosemite's Half Dome, but trust me, I can tell
you all about it in five quick minutes.
Around the World in...Las Vegas
- The Rat Pack may be gone but the world has moved in
Top Ten List: San Francisco
- The Road Sage plays tourist in her own home town
Everything Old is New Again
- Toronto celebrates the old while ringing in the new -- and everyone is so doggone nice about it, too
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
- The Chicago Auto Show is one of many good reasons to visit the Windy City -- even in February!
- The oldest Hawaiian island is still the most unspoiled
Toasting the Napa Valley
- Vineyards, vintners and plenty o'sunshine -- cheers, indeed
West Hollywood Weekend
- The L.A. scene has to be seen to be believed
- San Diego is sun city in the southland, a sparkling (and sporting) paradise
- The Arizona desert is the perfect place to ease your cares away -- even in July
- Chef Patrick Lambert's cooking is one of the best reasons to come to Taos
Lazy Days in Santa Fe
- Santa Fe is meant to be savored slowly and on foot
A Grand Canyon
- This grand expanse is colorful, big and begging to be photographed...camera ready? and don't forget your binoculars!
- Colorful rocks and terrific trails that will inspire you to new heights
Big Salt Lake
- It's not just the lake that's a big deal in Salt Lake City
Seattle See Food
- The Emerald City is the land of good eats
The Fairest of them all
- The Oregon Country Fair is a colorful place -- green, too
- It's quaint, it's cute -- and it's a historical landmark
- Cruising Highway One on the Fourth
Disney for Adults
- Can big kids enjoy Disney, too? Our dynamic duo puts the Mouse House to the test
The Hotel Del
- San Diego's castle by the sea is an experience everyone should savor
Weekend in Las Vegas
- Two women on a madcap jaunt of the town that Liberace once ruled
Twenty Million + 2
- Mexico City is a bit crowded, but
that didn't stop our intrepid trio
email me now!
return to top